Use these 60 performance review phrases as examples to evaluate the process improvement and complete your performance review form.
Process Improvement: Meets or Exceeds Expectations Phrases
- He is strong in processes and process improvements.
- He's always looking to improve the process.
- John always looks for process improvements and uses technology to implement these improvements.
- We have improved our systems, improved our team, improved our clients and improved our profitability.
- Thank you John for all the process improvements.
- He provides input regarding process improvement.
- John is also often on the lookout for process improvements.
- Thinking of improving the processes for customers.
- Quickly adopt changes, but always help improve processes.
- He is always aimed for improving the process.
Process Improvement: Below Expectations Phrases
- John is very proactive and always looks to make improvements in process.
- He is always thinking and improving the process.
- John is always thinking and improving the process.
- He sees were and how processes can improve.
- He is always interested in improving the process.
- He is always looking for ways to improve the process.
- John is the master of process improvement.
- Always eager to help and improve processes.
- John is your guy when looking for process improvement.
- He was always striving to make improvements in the process.
Process Improvement: Needs Improvement Phrases
- He will get things done and try to improve the process along the way.
- He is always looking to make process improvement in the business.
- He is always looking for the process improvements or other benefits for the company.
- He knows everything there is to know about the process.
- Always willing to lead and help others with insight to improve the processes.
- He went out of him way to help me with this process.
- He created process and followed the process.
- John goes out of him way to improve processes and people.
- Agile to improve and detail the processes.
- John is always looking for ways to improve upon business functions and improve processes.
Process Improvement: Positive Phrases
- He usually share him insights on how to improve the process and on where are the areas of improvement.
- He is always looking for ways to improve, including technologies used and process improvements.
- He is always trying to improve himself and inspire all those around him to improve themselves as well.
- When he sees something that can be improved he improves it.
- John often came up with novel improvements to tasks and processes.
- John is always looking for ways to improve our game and process.
- John is also honest about how you can improve.
- He is very analytical, process oriented and always looking for improvements.
- He always came up with good ideas to improve process.
- I could see the improvement from the first pitch.
Process Improvement: Negative Phrases
- He is focused on improving processes and results.
- John always looked for ways to improve the process.
- He is good on process innovation and improvement.
- He strives for constant improvement of processes.
- He is always looking at how he can improve himself and the business.
- He is always looking for ways to improve the HR process.
- John helped improve almost every process in our company.
- John is always looking to improve himself and help out others.
- But usually he says something that makes me think and want to improve myself to him level.
- He is always looking for ways to improve.
Process Improvement: Self-evaluation Phrases
- He makes you look at everything you have done in the past and improves it.
- It will only improve what you already are doing.
- He is very proactive and always on the lookout for improving the process.
- He is committed to a never-ending self-improvement process.
- He thinks beyond what he's told and always looks to improve the process.
- He always tend to improve and automate processes.
- He took the initiative to improve upon processes and make sure we had results.
- He improves processes to web applications.
- During the process he highlighted areas that could be improved.
- He was always looking for opportunities to improve business processes.